Friday, April 25, 2008

Good Music Gone Bad


Can someone tell me when the dissolution of music began? What happened to the Temptations? Al Green? Marvin Gaye? I mean, I know what happened to them, but what happened to our generations music. It's so bland and lacks a little bit of everything. It's like eating a meal and not feeling as full as you'd like to be. I'm starving for some innovative, ground-breaking, rejuvenating sounds.

I love the bands that don't conform. Prime example, Gym Class Heroes...originality from all angles (which is totally just my opinion). Even the new refreshing voices of R&B such as Estelle and Chrisette Michelle. But these are only a start. How can we get rid of, do away with "cranking that soulja boy", "dun dun dun dun", or some kid asking you to "google" her?

Can anyone help? Music is dying. I'm talking about the good shit. The stuff that's worth your time listening to. The kind that makes you feel some kind of way after you've finished listening to it. The kind that brightens your day, puts you in a good mood, and KEEPS you there.
I'm conducting a survey on this topic and will post the results once I've gotten all the responses in.

The search for good music continues....

No comments: